Friday, July 31, 2009

PoOp in the PoOl

What's better than spending summer days at the pool? My friend, Ashlee, recently reminded me of a funny story that happened to us the other day. Thanks Ash for letting me steal this off your blog...


The other day I was at the pool with my friend, Stephanie, and her daughter.We were having such a great time. Ben is such the little swimmer since our mom-and-tot swim class! The pool called a "break time" which means everyone has to get out of the pool. Needless to say the kids were sad, but we went and layed out for awhile and ate some cookies. Well, here come the lifeguards with a net to fish something out of the pool. Yes, I really don't need to tell you what I thought it was, but then I asked Steph and she said she thought they were looking to see if someone had confused the pool with a bathroom. Then the lifeguard starts throwing "it" over the fence (mind you, there is a walkway over the fence). So, I say to Stephanie, "Oh, well it can't be that, because they wouldn't be throwing "it" over the fence . . . where people walk!!" My friend Steph starts to laugh and says, "There is something seriously wrong with this scenario." Yes, it was what we thought "it" was, and these teenagers where throwing "it" right over our heads, between our lounge chairs, onto a walkway!! A few minutes pass and we are still laughing when Ben walks up in between us and I stop laughing. I grab Ben and look in his swim diaper and ask, very quietly, truly not knowing the answer, "Ben, did you poop in the pool?" He is eating a cookie and he looks at me and says, "Yes mommy. I poop in the pool. I did it." very matter of factly. Steph and I just started laughing, me out of totally embarrassment!! Steph was on her way out, needless to say, we followed her!!!

May I add, as if living in a place called "RIFLE" doesn't get any classier... thanks to the city's department of recreation for teaching young teenagers the proper way of disposing PoOp in the PoOl. Classy Rifle, cla-ss-y!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh! That is so freaking funny!!! I can so see that happening in Ephraim too :)

Courtney Curt said...

That's too funny. Thanks for bringing Rylee over today. It was much needed for Jake and I.

Annie said...

Ha ha! That is the funniest story!

Teisha said...

that is hilarious!! Too funny :0)

Anonymous said...

Yucko! But hilarious!