Thursday, April 16, 2009

California Lovin'

Brock surprised me with a trip to California for my birthday last month (love him!). He found some super cheap tickets to LA, which just so happens to be where my brother, Nate, and his gem of a wife, Katie, are living. It was a super fast trip...but we loved every second of it! It was the perfect little getaway.


In Malibu. Rylee's first encounter with the ocean.


Funny story-- a few minutes after opening my birthday surprise, Brock says, "...and it just so happens, the Red Soxs are in town that weekend!" I had to laugh out loud(hey, at least it wasn't a power tool or something ;). All in all, we had a great time and I've come to really love baseball games.


The night before our game, one of the Angels' pitchers was killed in a tragic car accident. At our game, they gave him a big tribute and had a huge firework show afterwords with a video of his life. It was a pretty neat game to be at. It was hard to even be bummed that the Sox's lost that night, the Angels definitely deserved it!


Nate and Brock "trying" to surf. I guess it wasn't as easy as the locals made it look. ;)


Katie and Rylee having a heart-to-heart




Ry, just beachin' it.


Rylee thought the sand was pretty funny...and I guess it tasted good too.


We were sad to come home to snowy Colorado, but glad to make it back in time for Easter dinner with the Hedbergs. We had a great trip, thanks again Nate and Katie for letting us stay with you guys! xoxo

10 comments:

~Kreitzers said...

What a fun bithday surprise!

Jenn said...

love her beach outfit.
glad you got to go, that's so nice of Brock.

Jacquelyn said...

looks like so much fun steph. I'm glad you guys were able to make it out there.

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Looks like fun, and I love Riley's little swimsuit! Where did you get that? I want one for each of my girls! :) You look great Steph...but you always do! :)

Julia said...

That's so fun! What a great surprise! Rylee is SO cute!

Whitney said...

Oh fun!! I love her swim suit. oh and Remi has been teething too and I know what you mean there really are not a lot of smiles anymore :(

Clegg Family said...

That is quite the birthday gift...tell Brock I'm so impressed! Those pictures of Riley on the beach are way too cute!

Courtney Curt said...

Those pictures are the best. I LOVE Ry's swim suit and hat! Oh, so cute!

Jenn said...

What a fun birthday! Rylee looks so adorable in her bathing suit on the beach!

Mike, Alicia, Roman & Madden Shideler said...

HOLY COW, you have a beautiful daughter!