Sunday, October 5, 2008
No one ever told me about "Mommy Guilt"
Two weeks ago I went back to work. It really is hard to leave your baby, but my job is so flexible that it really hasn't been bad. It's just one day a week in the office while my mother-in-law watches Rylee. However, I've also been trying to work from home a few days a week, just two hours a day. I normally end up working while Rylee takes a nap or is content playing on the floor, and so far it's worked out pretty well. HOWEVER....this past week Rylee was sick with a cold (which makes me look even worse) and had been really fussy. I had to make a conference call to one of my clients in Florida before 1 o'clock and I needed just a few moments of what my mom always called "peace and quiet". Finally, after getting pretty desperate, I put Rylee in her swing, flipped on the TV and pulled her in front of it(she loves starring at the TV lately). I then hurried back to my office to make the call. Meanwhile, Brock came home for lunch to find Rylee wide-eyed, watching an episode of Jerry Springer that happened to be on prostitution! Brock, of course, went and got the video camera so he could show off my good parenting skills to the grandmas...thanks! Man, talk about mommy guilt. What do you think... time to invest in some Baby Einsteins?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is HILARIOUS and so Brock :) It made us really laugh reading your post thinking how much of a kick Brock got out of that!!!
Okay that is so funny! Hey I have to hide in my basement while my three sound like they are killing each other. I pray the people on the other line cann't hear!
Too funny!! definetly time for the Einsteins! Camden and Shannon loved those things!
mom told me about that story and i thought it was soo funny. You're a great mom. And I don't know how you do it. love ya
Oh you sweet thing, its never to early to teach them the true scary facts of the world we live in. Ha ha, you are so funny.
Mommy Guilt...oh, I hate that. And I'm sure it never goes away. You are lucky to be able to work from home. Day Care would make mommy guilt 100 times worse!
that is hilarious. don't worry we all know that you are a great mom. I think it is great that you are able to work from home at only have to go in one day a week. Keep the pictures of Rylee coming. I love to see how she is growing. she is such a dolly
That is hilarious! I'm pretty sure that she won't be affected by it though. That is just one of those stories you can tell her in about 20 years. I always lock myself in the bathroom or some other small space when I need to talk on the phone. Just get used to it, the second you get on the phone all hell breaks loose. Keep up the good work, you are a wonderful mom!
ps the picture on your title is so adorable!!! I love it!
That is the funniest story! Love it! And way cute picture of Rylee with the pumpkin! She's so cute, I can't stand it!
So funny!!! Gotta love Jerry Springer. There are so many things to feel guilty about, so I have decided to let go of the guilt, it's so liberating!
Post a Comment