Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend

This past weekend we went to Utah for my nephew's baptism. It was great to spend time with family, and take Rylee Trick-or-Treating with her cousins.
We actually went out a day early so Brock could pick up some stuff for work, which worked out great for me. Total last minute opportunity --- I got to take a photo class from this girl. Before taking her Photo 101 Crash Course, I was shooting solely in "auto mode". I had no idea what my camera or myself were capable of?!? I learned so much. I've made it a goal to shoot more in "manual mode", use less photoshop, and more natural light. Hopefully, this will force me to practice what I learned! Anyway, a great investment that got me very excited to further my photography.

I'm very proud to say, these images were done with natural light and no photoshop. Wahoo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to have you guys out here for the festivities! I love Rylee somethin fierce! She is so funny. That pic of her standing up to the wheelbarell is my fave. I am so proud of you and your photography. You are dang good...especially for just starting to learn! Mmmuah!

Courtney Curt said...

Cute cute kitty costume! I wish she could have trick or treated with Jake at the church. Looks like you guys had fun though. I'm glad I got to watch her today, seriously, they were so good. While they were eating lunch, I was trying to get Jake to say baby. He just sat there staring at me and Rylee chirped in "baby, mommy, daddy, doggy" Just said it all quick, one after the other. It was too funny.

Annie said...

They look great! I need to take that class for sure!

Unknown said...

I have a question. How did you make your margins bigger so you could make your pics bigger without cutting them off? I hope that makes sense.