Monday, October 12, 2009

The Hunt

The summer before I was married I was living in Boston and loving everything a big city had to offer. The last thing on my "to do list" was, 'go hunting'. Now, through the grace of marriage, I can say, "I've learned to hunt". I can also say, I've helped deliver a calf, vaccinated a bull, and even bucked hay bales. All are things, I never thought I'd do. Isn't life funny that way! Don't get me wrong, I still L.O.V.E to shop, and to be fair, I bet Brock never would have thought he'd marry someone so obsessed with shoes as me. BUT, isn't that the beauty of marriage?! You win, you lose, you give, you take.

That said, when Brock mentioned all he wanted for his 30th birthday was to go duck hunting, my first response was, "Dangit, why did I ask. I should have just bought you something."
But I didn't, I sucked up my girly pride and willingly agreed. I'm so glad I did. Come to find out, it was one of most relaxing, beautiful, carefree and fun weekends we've had! A big thanks to my in-laws, who graciously volunteered to take Rylee for the night, which made the whole trip possible (I wasn't about to take a one year-old camping/hunting -- I'm not that compromising ;).

So, heres to "The Hunt" ...and I'm sure, many more.






Hot outfit. lol.
I'm really trying to show how narrow and rickety this bridge is.




Sitting in a duck blind/tall weeds for hours = some pretty fun things to photograph.

10 comments:

Ashlee said...

~Wow I love them~!

Jenn said...

Those pictures are great! Did you mess with them on photoshop?

Annie said...

Great pictures steph! You're so professional!

josh said...

Stephanie, your pictures are awesome. I miss that old bridge, it has been too long since I have been over it.

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Yah...i haven't quite given into going hunting yet! Those pictures are great though! Love it.

~Kreitzers said...

Greatest blog post ever....says Trail

Little Red said...

love the boots. your so chic for hunting!

Anonymous said...

wow, awesome photos. Sounds like you're havning some good adventures in Silt.

Jacquelyn said...

Steph those are great photos! Did you get those actions to work? K I think duck hunting looks fun.... maybe it's just because of those awesome pictures you took. ;)

Jenn said...

wow, those are beautiful! good job